Moving home can be a daunting task, particularly if you have a lot of furniture and belongings to relocate as well as yourself and your family. If you are buying a property, then you will have even more concerns about the move going smoothly, and on time. This article aims to give 5 tips to help you move home in a smooth way, ensuring you can get into your new property on time and with no complications.
1. Before you move in, get your new home electrics tested and rewired – domestic properties require professional electric require every 10-15 years, depending on the level of electrics in the house. It is important to ensure your home is electrically sound so that you can move in and carry on without any disruptions.
2. Get a survey conducted before you complete your purchase – a survey will ensure that your new home is structurally sound and is stable for you to purchase. If the property has any significant defects within the structure, then you may find it difficult to buy the property and also getting property insurances once you are completed.
3. Using a postal transfer service to keep all mail coming to you – its sometimes difficult to keep track of everyone that has your current address and sends you mail every month. Of course you don’t care about junk mail, but important letters cannot be lost so use a postal transfer service to ensure your mail all gets transferred to your new address and you continue to receive your bills.
4. Use a home moving company to help with the packing and transfer of your belongings – trying to move an entire property’s worth of contents yourself is a huge and daunting task. Take the stress out of the equation and let the professionals handle it for you. This will allow you to focus on other elements of your house move, such as the decorating and insurance policies.
5. If you are in a chain try and time your move so that it starts on a Thursday or Friday – by timing your move to start on a Friday, you are leaving yourself a 3 day period in which to get your belongings moved in, unpacked and set out as you need them. Focus on a room at a time and ensure you all work together as a team, using the advice of the moving team (if you have one) or look for an online guide which specialises in tips to do with moving swiftly and successfully.