The following simple steps will help dry up the problem of a leaky compression or stem-type disassembly of Pegasus faucet.
- Turn off the water at the water-supply valve. You can find them usually under the sink. Sometimes, you can also find them in the wall behind the shower assembly. There, you can find them in a closet behind a removable panel.
- However, if there are no localized shutoffs for the disassembly of Pegasus faucet, you should use the main water shutoff for the building.
- Now, open the faucets to let water in the lines drain before beginning the disassembly of Pegasus faucet.
- Once you are through with that, remove the faucet handle. You can do this by removing the screw and then lifting or jiggling the handle off.
- Now, loosen the locknut inside with a crescent wrench. Once the nut is loosened and removed, pull out the stem.
- With some types of Pegasus faucets, the stem itself may be threaded into the body of the faucet assembly. In that case, you will have to turn it counter-clockwise to loosen and remove the same.
- For the disassembly of Pegasus faucet, now, replace with a new washer. Take the stem to your local hardware or plumbing supply store and pick out the proper-fitting replacement washer.
- Reassemble the stem and Pegasus faucet assembly in reverse order
- Turn the water supply back on and test for drips.
As you can see, it is not that difficult. However, you must make sure that yopu are following the above steps with proper care.