Sidings – It is the interesting exterior material that is installed on your house. Siding is worldwide popular and it has come up with new variations which are easily available in market. It is specially installed to protect your house from natural disasters and bad weathers. House Siding comes with wide range of variations. Siding prices are also very cost-effective and with the immense use of it has made the siding developers to invent new designs and materials in sidings. The sidings not only look beautiful but it protects you from the natural hazards.
Steps to install Siding
The materials are of different types but one should look after its quality and durability. One should check whether the siding material is a decomposing material or not. Always enquire about the siding prices from different siding contractors. These materials are waterproof, fireproof, insect and weather resistant. After installing it you can reload it after some years but mostly most of the sidings come with long-term durability. Here are some few steps to know the installment steps of siding that are enlisted below:
- Study the use and benefits of different styles of siding materials.
- Take appropriate measures of the house to cut the sidings accordingly.
- Wrap the plastic moisture barrier to the entire house to prevent from heat loss before placing it.
- After placing the moisture barrier add drip flashing on windows and doors.
- Later install the sidings as decided but take care that when you place it see that you can remove it or trim it again without causing any damage.
- Your sidings are now installed properly.
- After installing get it inspected.
Types of Siding
As mentioned before you get wide range of siding materials and the siding cost are quiet affordable. Give a look on some of the most popular and most used sidings:
- Vinyl – Vinyl siding is made up of plastic. It is also known as Polyvinyl Chloride and it is available in many exciting colors.
- Wood Clapboard – This material is made from wood. This material is used since long time and it has long-term sustainability.
- Cement Fiber – This material is the combination of cement and siding and it gives beautiful exterior look to your house.
- Cedar Shingle – Cedar Shingle is made up of natural cedar and it is mostly available in the earthen, brown or clay colors.
We have just over-viewed the siding types and its benefits and also learnt the steps of installing it. It proves as a safety element to your house as well as to your family who resides in the house. Safety is the primary step and sidings help you out with it.