If you’ve just set up a Facebook fan page, your next concern would most likely be how to get Facebook likes for it. Truth is, there are countless techniques out there that you may employ at some point with the time-honored trial and error approach. But if you want quick results, you should focus on these tested techniques for increasing Facebook likes.
Leverage Existing Networks
It makes more sense to devote your initial efforts to getting more Facebook likes to people you already interact with. Ask your relatives, friends, colleagues, employees, and online contacts on Facebook and other social networks to like your Facebook page. While it may be tempting, don’t jump to Facebook’s suggest feature for asking them to like your page. It’s wiser to stagger your like campaign prioritizing the people closest to you or are already familiar with your Facebook fan page and the business, service, product or brand you’re promoting. You can then proceed farther away from your social circle until you’re satisfied with the likes you’re getting.
· Include your Facebook page vanity URL in your email signature
· Chat with your online contacts about liking the page
· Post like buttons and a Facebook Like Box on your Website or blog
· Ask friends and relatives to promote your Facebook fan page if they can
Connect to Your Offline Activities
This is an often ignored method for getting Facebook likes, but connecting your offline activities and marketing efforts to your Facebook like campaign can be a very effective strategy. In fact, it’s a lot better to ask this as a favor in person than say, sending a request or email. Discuss your Facebook fan page and its benefits to the people you meet whenever possible. Include your vanity URL on your marketing and promotional materials.
· Include your Facebook like page URL on your business cards, brochures and ads
· If you have a brick-and-mortar store, post notices about your page on prominent areas
· Discuss your Facebook fan page on networking events you attend
· Find other Facebook like page owners in related industries to exchange links with
Run a Facebook Ad
This one will cost you some money, but if you’re serious about your Facebook like page campaign and you implement the ad wisely, you’re sure to see handsome returns. The idea here is to use Facebook’s in-house advertising platform to reach out to your target demographics and markets who might not find you otherwise. It’s actually rather easy, because Facebook’s ad wizard can help you whittle down your ad exposure to your…