Why You Need Professional Landscaping Services for Your Home or Business
Many home and business owners may believe that landscaping is purely for aesthetic appearances, but it goes far beyond looks. There are numerous benefits to landscaping, both residential and commercial. With professional landscaping services, home and business owners can achieve a great-looking, sustainable and functional landscape.
The first details many onlookers notice about a professionally designed and maintained landscape are the lushness of the grass, the lines of the pathways, the well-trimmed hedges and trees, the colorful flowerbeds and the water features of decorative accessories. Landscapes full of flowerbeds can create wonderful smells as well as stunning colors but the benefits of landscaping go far beyond what human senses perceive.
There are numerous environmental benefits to professionally designed and maintained residential and commercial landscaping. Landscaping services work with home and business owners to create a landscape that meets all of their needs while also benefiting the environment. Environmental benefits of landscaping include:
- Cleaner environment – Plants include grass, shrubs, flowers and trees help capture pollutants and dust. Grass and other plants produce oxygen, which all living things need to survive.
- Cleaner air – Along with producing oxygen, grasses and plants absorb carbon dioxide. They then transform it into oxygen and carbon, providing ample oxygen for the property owners.
- Cooling properties – Underfoot, grass is cooler than hard, non-porous surfaces such as cement and asphalt. Properties with grass lawns can experience a cooling effect that keeps the surface at least 20-30 degrees cooler than asphalt or bare soil. A property with trees that provide shade to the building structures may also experience a reduction in interior temperatures.
- Reduced noise – Hard surfaces such as pavement and concrete can increase noise levels, but properties with landscaped lawns, trees and other plants significantly decrease noise levels and pollution.
- Water filtration – Landscaping that contains grass, trees, plants absorb potentially harmful runoff, and helps filter it, keeping water supplies healthier.
During times of water restriction, maintaining a landscape with sustainable practices is vitally important. Residential landscaping services and commercial landscaping services ensure that a property retains its appearance and environmental…